Armenian competitor, Interflora World Cup, in Shanghai March 26-28 2010.
One day whilst studying at Yerevan university of art and specializing in painting Araik gathered a cluster of flowers together in his hand and his love of nature took over. He put down the brush and replaced it with a flower knife knowing that creative floristry would be the artistic direction he would take.
Araik Galstyan was born on March 31, 1975 in the Armenian town of Sisian, not far from the capital of Armenia, the city of Erevan. The magnificence of the Armenian landscape with its striking mountainous scenery, coupled its rich cultural heritage, meant that Araik was immersed in nature and art from an early age. He always felt an irresistible wish to work with the alive material, which gave an opportunity to make a reality of the most miraculous abstractions and creative ideas.
After almost ten years of work Araik decided to work in Moscow still being a citizen of Armenia:
2002 and 2003 florist in Florina company, Moscow, Russia,
2003 - till now a leading florist and a general director of Avangard Studio company,
2006, 2007 and 2008 participated in Floral Art project;
2007 president of Armenian Florists Association;
2007 megafinalist in REN TV program Supper-party.
2007 participated in professional floristic European contest Euro Cup 2007 in Slovenia
The time had come when Araik felt himself able to show what he could do in professional floristry and he went to Europa Cup held in Slovenia in 2007. He was on the 6th position in a Surprise work and on the 4th position in Flowers and architecture work.
In 2008 Araik shared his experience being a manager of one Armenian florist who took part in Europa Cup 2008 for juniors.
– Publication of the book ‘Flower design without borders’ with Araik and many great florists’ works,
– Instructor of the Armenian florist who took part in the Europa Cup 2008 for juniors.
2008 – till now
– Leading section ‘Avangard Luxury’ in ‘Flowers’ magazine (presents his works created in a luxury style)
– Official flower designer for ‘Traditions and modern times’ exhibition.
– Participant and winner of People’s Choice Award in the 13-th Interflora World Cup in Shanghai, China,
– Floral shows, demonstrations and master classes in Russia, Armenia and all over the world,
– Decoration for a hall of ancient castle Landcommanderij Alden Biesen, Belgium.
– Participation in the floral show at IPM 2011, Germany,
– Opening International Floral Design School in SKOLKOVO, Moscow (ARAIK GALSTYAN Moscow International Floral Design School),
– Participation in the Europa Cup 2011 in Czech Republic; winner of Dutch Creations People’s Choice Award in Europa Cup 2011; first place (88,6 points) for innovative design and technique in the second task («The youngest city») .
– Decoration for Speakers’ Dinner in Pashkov House, Moscow
– Participation in Festival “Flower Party” in Kiev, Ukraine. An evening gown of 2000 flowers of Vanda Blue Magic orchid (11, 92 m) was created,
– Show in Spain,
– Show in Portugal,
– Show Luxury Flowers in Kiev, Ukraine,
– International show “Three Days of Top Floral Design” in Moscow,
– Decoration for courtyard of Alden Biesen castle, Belgium,
– Show by Gregor Lersch and Araik Galstyan in Yerevan, Armenia,
– Show by Daniel Santamaria and Araik Galstyan in Barcelona, Spain,
– Show “Innovative Floral Art” in Mexico,
– Show “Innovative Floral Art” in Brazil.
– Participation in the Favorites of Europa Cup 2013 show at IPM Essen 2013
|Street||Novaya ul. 100|
Araik prefers great projects in his work such as big celebrations, presentations, exhibitions and festivals.
1993 till 1996 florist in Brabion Flora Service flower company, Erevan, Armenia
In 1999 he won a floral contest
The flower of the World, Erevan, Armenia