Freelance Flower Design
I am one of those lucky people who just adore what they do! I love inspiring people for the momentous moments & special occasions in their life with exquisite flowers and beautiful styling props.
My love of flowers stems from spending hours amongst the blooms and herbs in my grandmother’s garden as a little girl.
Playing inside cavernous branches of the magnificent hydrangea, picking one of my Grandfather’s prized roses to carry around with me all day to enjoy it’s sweet perfume…. relocating snails out of the garden and worms into the garden.
Now, on my farm, I wake up bright and early to collect the florals for the day as Hook, the larrikin rooster cheekily welcomes the sun and watches protectively over his harem of hens. Rosie, my rowdy pup runs happily through the rows of peonies with a basket to help/hinder me collecting them. Possum the galah and Chachi the parrot always have a chat and nibble of the fresh sunflower seeds scattered on the lawn. Rod, my main squeeze, plays flamenco guitar under the weeping fig while I design a fabulous floral gown for a photo shoot. Life is perfect, I’m living my dream.
My love of flowers stems from my grandmothers garden – spending hours amongst the flowers and herbs. I remember playing inside of the cavernous branches of the beautiful Hydrangea and picking one of my grandfathers prized roses to carry around with me all day.. just enjoying its sweet perfume. I spent hours relocating snails out of the garden and worms into the garden!
I love creating & designing beautiful pieces of floral art – from sweet and simple all the way to the spectacular! Working with event coordinators, I help bring a room, marquee or simple area to life with flowers. Flowers relax, be-dazzle, impress and evokes the senses through sweet perfumes.
I take the utmost pride in my Designs & my Name. Over the years I have helped to inspire brides by passing on “the seasons’ trends to many publications as well as being a freelance writer for some of Australia’s top Floral Industry Magazines.
- Designs have been featured in worldwide campaigns, as well as national and international fashion magazines.
- Created an avant-garde floral gown for the QT Gold Coast Fashion week and awards.
- Opened International Fashion Week with three “floral gown” creations in 2014.
- Opened the Sunshine Coast Fashion Week in 2015.
- Created florals for the Quicksilver Pro after-party.
- 5 years teaching floristry at the Gold Coast Institute of TAFE.
- Esteemed floral schools from around the world direct their students to Julia Rose’s website and Facebook for inspiration.
Creates designer gowns, archways and media walls for red carpet & media events.
- Designer for the St Hilda’s Centenary Celebrations florals.
- Holds floral demonstrations throughout QLD representing the Floral Association of QLD to Industry professionals (FAQI).
- Curator for the Brisbane Arcade’s Spring Flower Show.
|Mobile||0439 894 737|
Teaching floral design
Writer for Tesselaars Flower Wholesalers
Writer for the Australian Floral Industry Magazine.
Writes tips and hints on “what’s hot & In trend” in wedding flowers for Queensland wedding magazines.
Designs have featured in publications such as The Brides Diary, Gold Coast wedding Magazine, Peppermint, new idea, Qld Brides, Qld Weddings, The Bulletin, The Courier Mail, The Sun, Northern Rivers Bridal diary, Eco Bride, Slim , Label, Envie, Elements.
Featured on ABC news and Fashion TV with fresh floral head pieces.