In our previous blog, we made the distinction between single-use and multi-use packaging or returnable transport items. The various items used for transporting goods naturally differ per industry. However, one common ground for all industries is that these items are of significant value. The prices can fluctuate and usually change twice a year, often in January and July.
We find that many employees are unaware of the fact that the transport items they handle on a daily basis might actually be worth more than the goods they are transporting. Therefore, we have listed the most commonly used transport items in the flower and plant industry. Along with the types, we have also stated the various prices of these items. By creating a clear and comprehensive packaging overview, we hope to raise awareness and help businesses improve their logistical processes.
10 most used multi-use packaging types in the flower and plant industry:
- 1. Danish trolley: €35,- to €450,-
- 2. Shelving for Danish trolley: €8,- to €30
- 3. Plant trays/Floratino’s: €1,75
- 4. Black buckets for cut flowers: €4
- 5. Containers for cut flowers (Fc566, 577 or 596): €4
- 6. Top collars or protective collars for containers: €3
- 7. Reusable flower boxes (Fc525, 527, etc.): €3
- 8. Pallets/Europallets: €7,50
- 9. Hanging rack: €70
- 10. Deposit shelving: €29,50
The above list is based on the most recent data provided by Royal FloraHolland.
Do you wish to learn more about RTI management and registration for the flower industry? Try our TellApe solution or contact us at www.tellape.eu for more information.