This year's 7th edition of IFTEX held recently in Nairobi Kenya, was a very successful one, according to all who attended. In every aspect the trade fair was rated as “excellent”. Both exhibitors and visitors were very impressed by this year’s quality and diversity of displayed flowers and creativity of stand building.
The 3 day event started off by the official opening held in the auditorium of the Oshwal Center in Westlands Nairobi, the place where the exhibition traditionally takes place. The guest of honor this year was the Kenyan Principal Secretary, State Department of Trade in the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives; Dr. Chris Kiptoo. He praised all players in the flower industry for their contribution to Kenya’s export economy.
Best Stand Winners
- Platinum for Royal Flora Holland
- Gold for Elgon Kenya Ltd
- Silver for Panalpina
- Bronze for Afrex/Cargolite
- Platinum for Fontana/Black Tulip
- Gold for Omang & Amor/Decofresh
- Silver for Subati
- Bronze for Oserian
Winners of the Best Grower Quality Competition
Other Cut Flowers category
- Bronze for gypshophila Cosmic of Tropiflora (Fontana),
- Silver for hydrangea Magical Trophy of Flora Delight Ltd,
- Gold for alstroemeria White Pears of Batian Flowers and
- Platinum for chrysanthemum Anastasia Green of Utee Estate Ltd (Black Tulip).
- Bronze for the standard rose Beyond Zero of Fontana,
- Silver for the garden rose Charming Lady of Oserian,
- Gold for the standard rose Crimson Sky of Fontana and
- Platinum for the standard rose Tiara of Uhuru Flowers.
Fresh Produce Africa (FPA)
IFTEX was held this year along the newly launched FPA, a trade fair in line of the IFTEX mission, but especially set up for the vegetable, fruit and herb industry of Kenya. For this purpose about 50 growers of fresh produce were exhibiting in Fresh Produce Africa (FPA), the name of this new trade fair, and located in a separate hall adjacent to the IFTEX halls.