As part of the implementation of the FloraHolland 2020 strategy, FloraHolland has drastically reduced the number of projects and temporarily suspended activities in other ones.
This allows us to start 2015 with a strong focus and frees up project capacity for the implementation of the new strategy. The FloraHolland 2020 strategy strives to fulfil two major ambitions:
- Better margins for our members and their customers.
- More consumers spending more on flowers and plants.
All projects must now meet the following criteria:
- The project must contribute to the aims and ambitions presented in FH2020.
- The project will be started as soon as the relevant strategic theme has been elaborated further.
- The project contributes to the continuity of FloraHolland on its way to 2020.
This means that more than half of the projects will be stopped.
"Both the challenges and the opportunities are great. We are convinced that FloraHolland 2020 shows our employees, our members and their customers the right direction to take. Together with the sector we shall face these challenges and seize the opportunities. Then in 2020, with all of our beautiful flowers and plants, we shall make the world a better place, prettier and healthier than it is now."